top of page
- As an expert in energy markets, utilities and environmental regulation, Kyle is recognized as a regional thought leader in energy/environmental policy and economics, and is the founder of BTM Energy Partners.
- Kyle served as Alberta's Minister of Environment & Sustainable Resource Development, and was involved in developing a renewed provincial climate change strategy and he participated in the UN COP20 on climate change as a member of the Canadian delegation.
- During he tenure as Associate Minister of Finance, Kyle was a member of the Ministerial Working Group on Energy & Environment and participated in the analysis of the Electricity Retail Market Review Report.
- Additionally, he brought forward statutory changes to fees on energy/utility bills to the Legislative Assembly of Alberta.
- Kyle has experience working as a consultant as well, having contributed to an Industrial Energy Efficiency Bench-marking Program Evaluation for Natural Resources Canada (NRCan), in addition to projects for the Canadian Wind Energy Association (CanWEA), Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP), and Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (CEAA).
- He holds a B.A. in political science and applied energy economics from the University of Calgary, and has an energy policy planning certificate delivered by the University of Idaho and the U.S. Department of Energy.
bottom of page